Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bench Construction

I've started work the the construction of a 4 x 1 m bench for building the long board. Good fun, although the challenge is going to be to get the top of the bench very level; particularly given that the floor of the garage is not flat. However, I think this will be achievable by adding an appropriate number of cross members to the bench in order to keep things straight.

The image above shows my sketch of the bench- truly back of the envelope stuff! Also shown on the left and below is the basic starting point with the materials and the construction of one side of the bench.

One another matter, I've been trying to source some Phantom 380 parts- a centreboard and a mast track. Turns out that such parts are extremely difficult to obtain in Australia- certainly if the lead time is short. My next option is to try the Net. I'll also be visiting the south of France in the near future- perhaps this may represent an opportunity to order such items.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Magnum said...

Good luck in your search & merry xmas too

All the best

magnum